You will be responsible for;
· Provide continued support, advice and coaching to the Regional team to fulfil operational, community, jobseeker and contractual needs
· Provide continual improvement of best practice processes and assist in the coaching of staff in those processes
· Proactively ensure all processes and systems are used in accordance with operational, cultural and compliance needs ensuring flexible application.
· Mentor, coach and develop talent to increase business performance and outcomes
· Coaching and mentoring when gaps/trends are identified in Case Management and In Work Support
· Provide coaching to identify and create a holistic approach around activities and employment as part of best practice case management
· Conduct targeted coaching and mentoring when requested by RGM/RM
· Provide training updates to the Senior Management
· Monthly reports provided to Senior Management
· Ensuring the call log is kept up to date and actioned accordingly
· Proactively report and brief the Engagement and Employment Team Follow up activity time sheets with the regions if not provided in the required timeframe
· Proactively work with the coaching and employment team to problem solve and find solutions to gaps when identified
· Provide continued support, advice and coaching when gaps identified.
The right person will have;
· Excellent communication (written and verbal), consultation, negotiation and coaching skills.
· Exceptional understanding of the Community Development Program
· High level of experience working with Indigenous communities and a strong awareness of Indigenous culture.
· Proven success delivering field support from a central location
· High level of experience in Case Management
· Excellent ability to coach and support people using practical application based, flexible training methodology and apply these flexibilities to operational needs
· Highly developed problem solving, research, conceptual, analytical skills with the ability to develop practical and forward-thinking operational plans and solutions.
· Ability to travel to remote locations in non-mainstream modes of transport when required
· Demonstrated organisational and time coordination skills, self-driven, results-orientated with a positive outlook, a clear focus on high quality and efficient marketing activity
· A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance
· Ability to interpret and communicate contractual and legislative needs to diverse audiences
· Technology literate including sound skills in using Windows based software, Internet, Email
· Significant understanding of the complexity and nuances of working with government departments
Other important notes;
· A police check will be completed for the successful applicants
If you feel you’re the person we are looking for please send a current cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org